Here’s the recipe that I modified for my Gluten Free Soy Sauce Comparison post. Enjoy!
(Please keep in mind that this is the first recipe that I’ve modified, based off one from my fiancee’s family. Also, I’m not a professional recipe developer – if there are any changes needed to make the recipe better, or that just don’t work, let me know.)
(2) 6-8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp ginger
2 Tbsp of olive oil
Vegetables, as desired
- Remove chicken breasts from package and pat dry. Let come to room temperature.
- Cube chicken breasts into equal-sized pieces, roughly 1/2″ to 3/4″ cubes.
- Place chicken cubes into medium-sized bowl, and pour ginger on top.
- Pour soy sauce on top of chicken cubes and ginger. Mix well until chicken is evenly coated.
- Let the chicken cubes marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Add water to pot for vegetables and bring water to boil.
- Heat a 10″ or 12″ skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil to pan.
- After oil has warmed, add chicken cubes to pan, avoid pouring any excess soy sauce in pan.
- Add vegetables to boiling water.
- Mix chicken cubes every few minutes to ensure even browning and reduce burning.
- Remove vegetables from heat and drain (partly cooked vegetables desired, at this point).
- Once chicken has been cooked through, remove from pan, leaving juices in pan.
- Add vegetables to pan to finish cooking. Place chicken back into pan and mix with vegetables. Cook a 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetable mix and serve with or over rice.